Pepin Distributing Company is proud to distribute the fine wine’s from Tamaya
“Tamaya” in the Diaguita dialect means high lookout, it is the name of the highest peak in the area and from there one can view the entire valley below.
In the vineyards of Viña Tamaya we have found vestiges of the ancient Diaguita culture which reigned in this zone between the 8th and 15th Centuries. Inspired by its culture, we named our winery Tamaya.
Among the outstanding archeological findings of the Limarí Valley are the “piedras tacitas;” rocks distinguished by a great quantity of holes worked into their surfaces. These enigmatic holes are thought to represent the stellar constellations.
Tamaya does it again!
Receiving distinguished scores from The Wine Advocate- Robert Parker- February 2012 USA, Wines of Chile 9th Annual Awards 2012, Wine Spectator and The Florida International Wine Challenge.
THE WINE ADVOCATE – ROBERT PARKER – FEBRUARY 2012, USA
- Tamaya Winemaker’s Selection Chardonnay 2010 90 Points
- Tamaya Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon 2010 89 Points
- Tamaya Reserva Carmenere 2010 89 Points
- Tamaya Estate Sauvignon Blanc 2011 89 Points
- Tamaya Estate Carmenere 2010 86 Points
WINES OF CHILE 9TH ANNUAL AWARDS 2012, CHILE
- Tamaya Winemaker´s Selection Syrah 2010 Best in Show
Best in Category – Syrah
- Tamaya Reserva Chardonnay 2010 Best in Category – Chardonnay
- Tamaya Reserva Malbec-Cabernet-Syrah 2010 Best in Category – Red Blend
WINE SPECTATOR MAGAZINE 2011-USA
- Tamaya Reserva Malbec-Cabernet Sauvignon-Syrah 2009 89 Points – “Smart Buy”
- Tamaya Winemaker´s Selection Carménère 2009 88 Points
- Tamaya Estate Sauvignon Blanc 2010 88 Points
FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL WINE CHALLENGE 2011 – USA
- Tamaya Reserva Chardonnay 2010 Gold Medal
- Tamaya Reserva Syrah 2009 Gold Medal
- Tamaya Reserva Malbec-Cabernet Sauvignon-Syrah 2009 Gold Medal
- Tamaya Reserva Carménère 2009 Silver Medal
- Tamaya Estate Sauvignon Blanc 2010 Silver Medal
- Tamaya Merlot Sangiovese 2009 Bronze Medal